Monday

More from Chattanooga

 Our first night in Chattanooga we
went downtown in the evening.  We found the Moon Pie General Store.  I've never been a fan of moon pies but I remember my Dad talking about moon pies and RC cola so we bought some.  There's a huge difference between what you get at the grocery store and what we got here.  For one, they're fresh from the factory a few blocks away and they have new flavors like salted caramel, yum!  Chattanooga's a really nice downtown area but like all cities there are pan-handlers.  One guy was
with a group of people and came up to Chuck telling him a sob story while his friends in the background were drinking and obviously partying - and we need to contribute to this?  Chuck just walked away.  Everything else was nice.


The next day we went on the incline railway
to the top of Lookout Mountain.  Part of which
is in Georgia and the other in Tennessee.
 top 'o the mountain
 There was a huge civil war battle on this mountain.

 This was an actual painting of the battle that happened.
It was huge and so detailed.  
 The houses on top of the mountain were, I started to say
huge but I realized I'd said that about other things already, 
so they were mansion like, big ones.
  We met a couple from England waiting in line for
the ride.  About the second thing she said to me
was, "I love your accent."  
I've always loved British accents but she surprised me 
when she said that to me.
 I replied, "I don't have an accent."  
She said, "Oh yes you do!"
Well, I learned something new.

Our next stop was Rock City.  As a kid driving through
Georgia and Tennessee I'd always seen the signs "See Rock City"
and I'd always wanted to see what it was.  
It ended up being my favorite place that we visited.


 Some of the places we walked through were very
narrow.  School kids, on a field trip, were behind us
going through some of it.  They were laughing about
the tight fit.

 A real swinging bridge over a real chasm.
Not like the one on Tom Sawyer's Island
at Disney.

At the top of the mountain you could
see seven states.


Can you see Chuck in the top hole of the bird house?


Next stop, another place I'd wanted to
visit because of signs I'd seen as a kid, 
Ruby Falls.  I did not know it was under ground.





classic car museum

Dolly Parton statue in Sevierville Tennessee


I really like the quilt looking designs you see on barns
and bridges.  I don't know what they're called.






Reading today from Streams in the Desert:

I implore you to not give in to despair.  It is a dangerous temptation, because our Adversary has refined it to the point that it is quite subtle.  Hopelessness constricts and withers the heart, rendering it unable to sense God's blessings and grace.  It also causes you to exaggerate the adversities of life and makes your burdens seem too heavy for you to bear.  Yet God's plans for you, and His ways of bringing about His plans, are infinitely wise.  Madame Guyon

Which brings to mind my favorite verse:
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.  Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: