Friday

Manitou Cliff Dwellings


They walk with the wolves on leashes.  We couldn't
tell who was growing the wolf or Jobee which was a little scary.

Wolves are beautiful animals.


I thought the cliff dwellings would be bigger or more.
I just read that the larger cliff dwelling remains are in New Mexico.
They have one with 800 rooms.  These, in Manitou Springs, were very interesting and
it's very hard to imagine what it was like to actually live in the cliff dwellings.
What a beautiful view they had.




Jason, Jesse, Jobee



I was amazed they let you go inside and also
go on this balcony area.  






Back at home playing frisbee with the dogs



The hospital where Jason works.

Reading:

16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Four years.  I can’t believe it’s been 4 years since I was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer that has spread to my bones, or metastasized to my bones, or bone mets.
My Dr. changed my appointments from 6 month intervals to 4 months in between.  I don’t know why.  I do however have to have a biopsy done – not sure when yet.  Chuck says not to worry it won’t be anything serious.  I just don’t like getting them done because it’s always been really painful in the past.

And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.   Matthew 28:20

I know God has been with me because I don’t think I’d still be here otherwise.  How things fell into place with work and not working anymore has been quite miraculous.  I know I would not be here if I had continued to work because of the heat, the stress, the noise, the pollution and the mold.  Those were the bad things.  The good things were my kids I did get attached to them.  I do miss seeing them, talking to them, having them draw pictures for me to hang up.  I am talking about the elementary school kids.  I liked the other ages too but the younger kids were my favorite.
Enough reminiscing.  I am grateful for where I am and blessed to be able to stay home
and spend more time with my family.  I wouldn't have been able to go to Colorado with
Jesse or visit Terry and Donna if I were still working.  Being able to travel and spend time
with family has been a huge blessing and I believe one of the things that's helped
keep me motivated and not focusing on cancer.  Blessed I am!


No comments: