Monday

O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me,
Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up;
Thou dost understand my thought from afar.
Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And art intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, Thou dost know it all
Thou hast enclosed me behind and before,
And Laid Thy hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
Psalm 139:1-6


Chuck found this shell occupied and also
covered on the outside with little crabs.




It was a beautiful beach day






I read in “Unstoppable” today:
If you believe your purpose is to share your artistic talents
with the world, then you will be judged on the works you produce, not on those you merely propose.  
Looks like I need to get to work and actually do something
You have to walk the talk; otherwise you have no credibility with others—or with yourself—because you, too, should demand that your actions match your words.  If they don’t, you will never live in harmony and fulfillment.

Amazing to read this when I’ve been thinking what is my purpose?
And, amazing to read the following when I’ve been thinking my word for the year should be “purpose”:
     But deeds are merely the fruit---the result of the depth of a true conviction of the truth.  Truth is what sets us free, not purpose.  I found my purpose because I was looking for truth.
     It is hard to find purpose or good in difficult circumstances, but that is the journey.  Why did it have to be a journey?  Why couldn’t a helicopter just pick you up and carry you to the finish line?  Because throughout the difficult times, you will learn more, grow more in faith, love God more, and love your neighbor more.  It is the journey of faith that begins in love and ends in love.
     Frederick Douglass, the American slave turned social activist, said, “If there is not struggle, there is no progress.”  Your character is formed by the challenges you face and overcome.  Your courage grows when you face you fears.  Your strength and your faith are built as they are tested in your life experiences.
Maybe my word for the year should be "truth" and maybe more than one word-maybe I should add "purpose and journey".   I don't think there are any rules that say I can't have more than one word especially since they work together.
I hope Nick Vujicic doesn’t mind me copying from his book, “Unstoppable”.
I just find it so amazing how what he says is so relevant to what I’m going through.  

No comments: