Thursday


My life is in an unplanned, this is where you are whether you like it or not place.  No one ever chooses to have cancer, especially not stage 4.  To not know how long you’ve got left and to have the odds stacked against you is very unsettling.  But, no one knows how much time they have.  I could outlive anyone. With the traffic here in Orlando and the number of accidents per day - I feel like that’s stacking a few odds in my favor, unless I’m in one of those accidents, yikes.  
Chuck was in one 2 weeks ago.  He was on his way to pick me up from visiting my Dad in the hospital.  Sitting at a stoplight the guy behind him ran into him - never even touching his brakes.  So he’s been going to the Dr. and we’re driving a rental.  But I still believe God is in control.
At my Dr. visit Tuesday she told me, “With everything you have I would have expected to see the tumors growing and the cancer to be getting worse but it’s not doing anything, staying the same, and that is amazing.”  She too believes in God and the power of prayer and gives Him the credit for it.  I do have a lot of side effects from the treatments and pain from the tumors on bones but at least the cancer’s not getting any worse and demanding more icky treatments. 
On a more happy note, we've celebrated a few birthday's lately, mine, Dad's 80th, Jesse, Patsy, Mom.

Here are some pictures from Jesse's birthday:




She actually let us take pictures, wow!
Thanks Jesse!


 and yes, we tied balloons to each of the
dogs with their names on them because,
you know, we can't remember them all


 Jason loves Renny.  Everybody loves Renny.






 A rainbow the other day.  So pretty.

 I was outside taking pictures, this one of Alfred, and
I heard this weird bird sound.  Alfred was watching it.
I looked up and it was a humming bird about 3 feet away from
me.  I wish I'd gotten a picture of it but it was too fast.
 Something I did with clay a couple of days ago.


Today I read about being called to suffer from Streams in the Desert;
Be called to suffer which is our assignment here.  Can you not suffer, then one hour or two?  If He should call you from your cross today, say, “It is finished-that hard cross of yours from which you pray for deliverance.”  Do you not think that some emotion of regret would overcome you.  You would say, “So soon, let me go back and suffer yet awhile more patiently, I have not yet praised God.”

And from Jesus Calling:  Draw near to God and resist evil.  When you spend time with Me I restore your sense of direction.  As you look to Me for guidance, I enable you to do less but accomplish more.  Our sacred time together strengthens you and prepares you to face whatever the day will bring.  
It is an act of faith to wait before working.

From Unstoppable:  Live your life with a heart that is surrendered.  Even though things may be hard here, Christ calls these our light and momentary troubles.  They are bringing us an eternal weight of glory.  Look outside yourself and reach out to souls who need Him and His love.

No comments: