Monday

Leftovers

These are pictures from my favorite Disney resort the
Wilderness Lodge
This is outside near "Old Faithful" which goes off every hour.






I think why I like the Wilderness Lodge so much is because it
reminds me of Alaska and I really loved living in Alaska.
Although I was a kid (as an adult the cold might bother me)
and I loved all things outdoors - ice skating across the street
from our house (there were two huge ice skating rinks) ,
skiing and sledding. Our house was between two hills one was
Bear Run and the other Moose hill, named so because if I understood
correctly - who lived there.
It was an interesting place to live. I also remember
going to a bicentennial celebration and getting to see
the Iditarod dog sled racers flying through town.
I also remember the Eskimo toss where they
had seal skin blankets sewn together to make a huge one
they would put people on and throw them really
high into the air. And eskimo candy
made from whale blubber, yum.






Mom gave me these pictures yesterday. I thought this was
a good one of her, Terry and Dad. And no, Terry
doesn't have a punk hairstyle. There's a clock on the
wall behind his head.
I really hadn't seen Terry in his uniform before, that I
can remember. I always saw him in his flight suit.


1 comment:

Corey said...

my pictures!