Thursday

Little known fact

When I was a teenager I wanted to be a fashion designer. I learned how to sew and decided to design and make my prom dress. Unfortunately, I didn't give myself enough time for the project and though I learned how to sew (the basics) I didn't learn how to make something without a pattern. I started the project but did not finish and with prom a few days away went back to the store bought a pattern and more fabric and made my dress. It was yellow satin, a halter top that gathered in the front and flowed down to the ground, it was the 70's long was in. Next time I go to my mom's I'll get a picture and post it.
Why this post = I love Project Runway!! I think they kept the right designers! The feather wedding dress was awesome. I also really liked the one inspired by water (sorry don't remember the designers name). Like the judge said about the water inspired dress the bridesmaids dress was just so pretty or cute, whatever he said. They make me want to design again or sew anyway.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I never knew you wanted to be a fashion designer! That was my major in college.
I miss you.