Friday

Getting nervous...

School starts Monday and I'm getting nervous. I think I need a new box of crayons to sniff to calm me down. It always helped when I was a kid getting ready for the first day of school. I've heard the different speeches other drivers give their kids the first day and I wonder; what will I say? I hate speeches and more importantly doing them but I'll figure something out.

I'm looking at a magazine Tracy let me borrow "Cloth, Paper, Scissors". It's filled with inspiring pictures and ideas. It smells good too.

Do you think I have some sort of fixation on smells? There is one that always makes me think of Grandma, and I can't explain it. Kentucky was the only place I ever smelled it - really strong - and near where she lived. Occasionally, I think its more the memory of it, I think I smell it and I think of her. I really love(d) my grandma.

I'm going all over the place with this post, kind of like my brain is always doing.
If you think of me Monday - please pray for me, I would appreciate it.

Oh, I had to add.. Wed. night when we were with the youth something came up that I think is an important lesson for anyone. When life doesn't turn out like you planned or dreamed you have to decide which direction you will go with it. Will you turn to God and trust that He truly is in control and He loves you very much? Will
you choose to not let Satan steal your joy and be happy in an unhappy situation. Live each moment as it arrives, you can't live beyond them or live in the ones that have passed so enjoy each step in your jouney of Faith and know God loves you.

No comments: