Wednesday

Books I'm reading

Chuck said he needed another book to read.  I suggested
the library.  I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before.
It's been forever since we've been there.  I wanted to read some
of Madeleine L'Engle because I've been reading her non-fiction book
A Circle of Quiet.  I know these are children's books but her 
attitude of writing not specifically for children makes them
interesting.  Some are more science fiction than others which
I am a big fan of.  

The Moon by Night was more realistic 
about a girl and her family going on a camping trip across the
country and back.  It reminded me of going from Texas to Alaska
in a camper when I was a kid.  That was a memorable trip
that I really enjoyed and never forgot.  I loved living in Alaska too
and was very upset when my Dad was reassigned and we had to move to Alabama.

It was interesting
that she had the same feelings about the Grand Canyon
and Zion National Park that Chuck and I did from
our trip out west last year.  We liked Zion better
it was just one of those places that you don't expect
and are surprised by all the beauty and majesty. 

Anyway, since last Thursday I read these three books and 
To Kill a Mockingbird.  I'm going to take a break from reading
fiction and get some work (art)  and some non-fiction 
reading done.

No comments: