Wednesday

Corey's Cat

 Yesterday when Corey came home from work
I showed her what I'd been working on, 
which isn't quite finished.
Her response was, "scary".  So I said,

"here's the photo I used."


 This is one of his favorite places to hang out.
He has a lion hair cut.
I'm reading several books right now.  Chuck says I should just focus on one but I don't do well
focusing just on one thing.  Although, it might help my memory problems.  I digress.  One of the books I'm reading is Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic.
This was what I read today:
To know and believe in God is the best thing that can happen in your life because He can turn what appears to be the worst event into the best.  He can transform your struggles into your learning.  He can turn your suffering into strength.  He can use your failures to bring success.
God has the power to give you "beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning (and) the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness."  If you are puzzled as to what His plan is for you and uncertain of which passion to pursue, pray to God for guidance.  Ask others to pray for you as well.  If the answer doesn't come to you, my suggestion is that you find a way to serve other, whether on a mission trip or in your community.  Try that for a while to see what comes of it.
I assure you, God pays for what He orders.  He would not call you into His service without providing all you need to pursue your passion and purpose.  At first you may not understand your calling.  You may think that you lack passion for it.  My dad was called to start a church, which he had no interest in doing.  Yet he honored God and did what he felt called to do.  Dad struggled at first with this.  I'm sure Noah, too, had doubts when God put in an order for an enormous ark, but he didn't say a word.  He just built the boat.  following that order turned out to be a wise move.  My father, like Noah, was eventually very grateful that he complied with his calling to build a church.  People were drawn to it, and his work as a lay minister changed lives.
when God calls you to do something, you may not understand or be enthusiastic at first.  But you should always be passionate about Him, which means you will do anything for Him.  I've been blessed in that way.  My calling is to speak and inspire.  My passion is to connect my listeners with God and with the best that is within them.

He certainly inspires me!!

1 comment:

Susan Shull said...

Hi, Vicky! I am impressed with your painting. I think it looks great-very similar to the inspiration photo. I can't imagine being able to do that! Also, I really appreciate the words you shared. Truth.