Thursday

cute and sad

Thursday morning on the bus:
Lisbeth...kindergartener gets on the bus. Little tiny sister starts crying because she didn't get to give her a kiss bye. Lots of kids are getting on the bus and you can't move backwards thru the bunch. So when all kids are on Dad brings tiny sister to the bus door and starts yelling, "Lisbeth, Lisbeth." So I told her to go give her sister a kiss bye - just too cute.
But at my next stop another tiny Chris gets on the bus crying. I ask him what's wrong and he tells me Jess took his $5. I told him to sit down and call Jess to the front and ask him if it's true. He says his parents gave it to them to split at lunch. {I did not know they were brothers because they don't have the same last name.) Knowing 5th grade and 1st don't go at the same time for lunch I ask how will he pay for his brother. He says he will give it to the lunch lady and tell her it's for both of them, hmmm I do not like being lied to. So I tell him to go tell Chris this. I watch and he gives Chris the $5 and goes back to his seat. Not a nice thing for him to do so when he gets off the bus I tell him if he takes his brother's money again I will call his Mom. Look of fear....

1 comment:

Tricia said...

(Tricia doing a cheer,) Go Vickie! Go Vickie!